Visiting the dentist every six months may not be something everyone is looking forward to, but it is one of the most important. If you are wondering what the real meaning of regular visits to dentistry in Kiev , examinations and cleanings for a capital resident is, we have prepared food for thought for you.
Be sure to consider all the risks if you plan to miss a dental check-up due to factors such as:
- lack of time;
- unwillingness to waste time and money, since there are no visible problems, and others.
You may end up spending a lot more time, money, and nerve cells when there are serious reasons for concern.
Why a visit to the dentist is important
Here are just a few of the most important reasons why you should visit your dental center regularly:
- Detection of oral cavity cancer. It is an extremely serious disease that manifests itself in many different ways. Due to ignorance of the early signs, oral cancer is often misdiagnosed and can progress rapidly to a life-threatening condition. The examination is completely painless. Examination reveals invisible signs of dead tissue formed as a result of tumors, and allows you to successfully treat the disease in the initial stages.
- Plaque, calculus and cavities. Regular dental cleaning of your teeth prevents erosion or the formation of holes that can lead to tooth decay. Once they appear, cavities rarely cause any warning symptoms. Painful sensations appear when the tooth is already destroyed. Prevention or early treatment will cost you much less than filling your teeth and canals.
- Gum disease. When a buildup of tartar causes an infection at the junction of the gum to the tooth, known as gingivitis, the tissue is detached from it. As a result, there will be swelling, bleeding, or soreness in the mouth. Along with damaging the gum tissue, the disease also causes destruction of the bone that holds the teeth in place, leading to loosening and falling out. In this situation, the dentist must accept radical treatments such as surgery, extremely deep cleaning, and medication.
- X-ray detection of internal problems. Ultrasound allows dentists to see what is happening under the surface of the tissues, as well as to find and diagnose problems that may not be visible to the naked eye, such as impacted teeth, damage to the jawbone, swelling, cysts, etc. Detection of these or any other serious oral diseases cavities in the early stages is critical for effective treatment.
- Checking the head, neck and lymph nodes. In addition to a routine oral exam for signs of cancer, your dentist will also examine your neck, jaw, and lymph nodes just below your jawline for swelling, bumps, or other abnormalities. If abnormalities are found, this could be a sign of a serious health problem, and your doctor will alert you by referring to the appropriate specialist.
Enlarged lymph nodes are a problem that doesn’t necessarily hurt or seem serious, but can be an indicator of certain cancers or other conditions that require immediate attention to a professional. Thus, although it only takes a minute for the dentist to find anomalies, he can identify serious pathologies in the early stages, which is of great importance for treatment.
So, is it worth doing dental checkups?
Dentists professionally clean your teeth, check your mouth for abnormalities that could otherwise go unnoticed and cause more serious health problems.
By constantly monitoring your health through specialized examinations, you are doing yourself a great service in the long term.