Donald Trump said the day before that he was taking an antimalarial drug for the prevention of COVID-19. The American president began the reception a week and a half ago, and, according to him, he has no symptoms of the disease caused by coronavirus. how notes The Verge, the effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine as a defense against COVID-19 has not been proven at this time.
The American president’s use of the drug is partly due to the fact that several people in his circle were infected with a coronavirus infection.
A possible preventive effect of the drug is being considered, clinical trials on this topic are being carried out – specialists are checking the drug on doctors who are forced to constantly contact with patients with COVID-19.
It is also worth emphasizing that hydroxychloroquine has serious side effects: in particular, a medicine can have a negative effect on the cardiovascular and visual systems.
Donald Trump actively promoted this medicine almost as a panacea, his administration tried to promote the registration of the drug as an anti-COVID-19 drug for distribution outside hospitals. However, after the FDA published information about possible negative consequences, Trump slowed down.
- What drugs treat patients with COVID-19 in Belarus? What the Ministry of Health says
It’s important to know:
- Coronavirus: the first symptoms and recommendations for prevention
- How to live during a pandemic? Simple rules of work, communication and procurement
- 5 steps to protect vulnerable parents and grandparents from COVID-19
- I want to help doctors who fight with coronavirus. How to do it quickly and easily?