You can change your default browser on Windows 10 from Microsoft Edge to another program, like Google Chrome or Firefox .
- When you have another browser installed, you can make it your default one by navigating to Windows 10 settings and then your new browser’s settings.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
There’s usually a “change default browser” prompt when you install a new browser on Windows 10 , giving you the option to make it your browser of choice.
But if your mind wasn’t made up on switching your default browser when you installed the new one, it can be difficult to know what to do when that prompt goes away.
Changing your default browser on Windows 10 is fairly simple, and it can be done through your system settings. Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to change your default browser in Windows 10
1. Press the Windows logo on your keyboard, or the icon at the bottom left of your screen. Search “Choose a default web browser” and select the icon that appears.
2. In the default apps window that comes up, there will be an icon of your current default browser. Click it to see a dropdown menu of all installed browsers on the computer you’re using, and select the one you would prefer.
Most browsers will have a tool or settings to make this change possible. Here’s how to do it with Google Chrome.
How to change your default browser to Google Chrome on Windows 10
1. Open Chrome. In the top right there should be three dots arranged vertically. Press them for a dropdown menu, and then click “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
2. Select “Default browser” from the sidebar on the left. It should be second from the bottom. Clicking this should bring you to the settings window in the instructions above and allow you to change your default browser.